Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Update - Aug. 4, 2010

Good morning - not much to report this week. It's my 'week off' and I have nothing medical happening at all !

Last weekend, we made plans to drive to Dublin, Ohio, where David used to live and work. However, at the last minute, David's vertigo acted up and he felt unable to drive. I was all packed and primed to go somewhere, so we agreed that I would drive to Kitchener and spend the weekend with Amy. I enjoyed the drive and felt that I had taken another big step back towards a more normal life. (It's about 2 hours from here.) I also had time with Mike and Lian, who live in the same city.

This coming Friday evening, Pete and Jocelyn are having a reception in Seattle for their friends who could not make it to Detroit in June. Amy, Steve and Mike and Lian are all going to be there. I will be there in spirit, as David probably will also, but that's as close as I can make it. Even if I took the trip out there successfully, it's not starting until 7:00 PDT (a reasonable time, to be sure) but that is 10:00 p.m. EDT and I am usuially done and horizontal long before that. So, I will wait to hear the stories.

That's pretty well all there is to say for now - just a regular week, normal life, trying to keep up with the house chores and figure out what to have for supper, the perpetual question. Hope you have a good week at whatever you are up to.

No comments: