Thursday, August 26, 2010

Update - August 26, 2010

Good morning ! All is well on our front! We returned to the Ivey Institute this past Tuesday for David’s eye check-up, prepared for the news that he might have to have surgery the next day. However, the report was great – eye was stable and healing and nothing else was necessary at that time. So we happily returned home and enjoyed a Wednesday free of appointments.

I had no treatments this week, either, so it has been a quiet time for both of us.

This followed a lovely birthday weekend for me – by Saturday, all four kids were home and we had a great time together. Steve took over the kitchen and fed people as they arrived but we went out to our favourite restaurant for supper. By Sunday they had to start leaving again but we had a good time together while it lasted. Pete was not on his way to Brazil as I had thought – he made a ‘boomerang trip’ from Seattle to be here and Steve flew up from Texas. Time together is the gift that I think I value the most anymore and I appreciated so much the effort that all of them made to be here.

Plans are in the works for Amy and I to fly to Texas for Steve’s birthday in September. We’ll be there for a week and I’m very pleased to think that I can do this and also that I will be able to be in Texas again. So – I really am feeling better !

Thank you again for your prayers and loving support. Hardly a day goes by without someone sending a card or some other thoughtful gift. I appreciate it all so much. May you be aware of God’s presence with you today as you go about your life.

No comments: