Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Update - February 9, 2010

I'm happy to report that things are continuing to go well for both of us. David's eyesight continues to improve on a daily basis. I have returned to my linedancing class (beginner!) and have made it through both of the classes so far without having to sit and rest hardly at all - much better than I was before Christmas. I have also joined the YMCA and got through my introductory hour of practice exercises, treadmill and bike with no problem. Both of these experiences make me feel quite hopeful that the chemo is doing its job. However...you know the rest - also trying not to get too hopeful. Also doing all the normal life things - making it to church, going out for lunches and so on, knitting a blanket for my newest granddaughter, reading, cooking, grocery shopping, etc. So, as I said, things are going well.

Next event is the CT scan this Friday (Feb. 12) and then the visit with my oncologist on Tuesday, Feb. 16. After that, the path will be clearer.

Thank you all again for your ongoing prayers, support, cards and encouragement. They mean more than I can express.

2 comments:

J & S Parr said...

Helen,
Thank you for taking the time to write this blog. I now have a better understanding of where you and Dave and your family are at. I continue to remember you both in my thoughts and prayers, that our heavenly Father would sustain you moment by moment and that you would feel his loving presence as you journey through yet another trial.
You should know what blessing and encouragement you are to both Steve and I. Your encouragement and advice regarding teaching and teaching positions for has Steve has been timely, especially on those more difficult days when the road to a permanent job seems so far away. Thank you!
Prayers and blessings,
Jane Parr

David Gast said...

Hi Helen:
Wow. Good to hear that your energy level is allowing you to get involved in so many things. We continue to pray for you and Dave. It is encouraging that our hope in the Lord Jesus is endless. We are confident that you are going to come through with flying colours.
Dave Gast