Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Update - Wednesday, Dec. 17, 2008

Good morning! Well, here we are at the end of cycle # 6 - going for my 7th treatment tomorrow. Things have gone really well all this second week and I have felt, one might actually say, healthy! Sleeping well without pills, eating well, doing normal stuff around the house - if it wasn't for my bald head, you'd probably not know there was anything wrong with me. Still going out for those lunches with friends, which are a type of medicine in themselves...still keeping up with meals, Christmas shopping and decorating, etc. Biggest effect of this type of chemo seems to be tiredness and dry skin on palms and soles of feet - not big but have to be dealt with. Thanks again for your prayers.

Yesterday, in a book I was reading, I came across a verse from the Bible that I hadn't thought of in a while - "And we know that in all things, God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." That is not to say that everything that happens is good (like my cancer) but that God works to bring good out of the situation (like the people who are praying for me who might not have prayed in a while.) So I wait to see how this upsetting thing is going to be used to expand my life - what will grow out of this after I am through all these treatments ? Time will tell.

No comments: