Friday, December 12, 2008

Update - Friday, Dec. 12, 2008

I'm happy to report that it's been a good week - the changes that were made to my supplementary meds were good for me. It has followed the usual pattern - Fri. to Sun. were fairly normal, since I had my meds; Monday did not start off very well, since I was coming off the steroids. I was very tired in the morning - couldn't even read; just lay on my bed and listened to the radio. By suppertime I had come around enough to go out for supper (neither of us felt like cooking). Then it just gets better as I go along - went out for a Christmas dinner Tuesday, went to a funeral visitation and shopping (including groceries) Wednesday, more shopping Thursday, and today I feel pretty normal and plan on doing some Christmas baking. I go to bed a little later every night - less tired as I go along. So - that's the 'bad' week and I still have my 'good' week to go! I do seem to be adapting to the Taxol and I am thankful. The worst thing about it - and it's not a big thing at all - is that the skin on my palms and soles of my feet is very dry and tender; hard to walk some days and I have to put hand cream on every night to stop the peeling. And I have a couple of days of being tired - not much at all.

We're looking forward to Christmas and some time with some of our kids. Thanks again for your prayers - next treatment is Dec. 18 - second last ! I'm so thankful that this is going so well and I appreciate the prayers of you who have remembered me; it's one of the main reasons why I am so well.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

TWO MORE TO GO MADAME GOLDSMITH!
hang in there!
may god bless you,
amanda deseure