Sunday, February 8, 2009

Update - Sunday, February 8, 2009

Well, I have better news for you this week. Everything has gone according to schedule and I am also less tired than I have been for the last two weeks...actually feeling almost normal again. I saw my oncologist Monday and in the course of check-up questions realized that several things had improved without me noticing - my mouth lining is not bothering me any more, the tingling in my fingers only remains in my index fingers and thumbs and my big toes are not as sensitive - shoes don't hurt as much. So - gradual improvements and recovery from that last type of chemo. I still have to finish growing out my 'chemo nails' - we're about halfway on that. My blood pressure numbers weren't too good, though, so I was sent back to my family doctor, who is trying me on another medication which seems to be working already. Another improvement ! So, all in all, the news this week has been positive.

I am about the halfway point in my radiation treatments - Friday was #14 out of 29. No skin problems so far either. David will have to go out of town again this week so my daughter will come to drive me Thursday and Friday; it will be very good to see her again and will give her a chance to see where I have been going all these months.

The weather is changing again; temperatures have risen above freezing since Friday and there has been a lot of snow melt. Where we had drifts and snow piles higher than the cars in some areas we now have green patches showing through; we may lose all the snow if it continues and may have another danger of flooding, depending on how quickly it goes. It's been great to have the sunny days, though!

Thank you again for your cards and prayers - I'm so thankful for my good week.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Hopefully the Sunny days continue coming for you Madame!
HALF WAY THERE!

keep it up,
your doing great!

Sincerely yours
Amanda Deseure