Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Reality intrudes !!

Well, now I realize what the steroids were doing ! And also what the doctor meant when she said that there would be a 'crash' after I was finished with them. Those of you who have been down this road must have been waiting for the other shoe to drop.

I went to a cancer conference on Saturday with David and Amy (daughter) and heard several interesting people, including my own oncologist who talked about research in cancer treatment and how recent some of the drugs are. That was very beneficial, especially for Amy. It was to be a full day conference, but I started 'declining' after lunch and we left. The 'flu-like' days began then and continued until about Tues. morning...woke up still feeling rotten but then, like the weather, things began to clear mid-morning and I started feeling like a 'human bean' again. So - now I know what to plan for. Returned all the election materials yesterday, with apologies - there's no way I can do that. Felt well enough to get groceries in the afternoon and am feeling even better today. Tomorrow is a regular blood check here in Chatham and that will be it for this week.

Also realized that we will not be going out of town for Thanksgiving, based on my 'down days' and that whatever happens will have to happen here. Fortunately, there are 'guest chefs' in the family who are more than able to help out.

So - hope I gave some of you a good laugh ! I'll figure out how to do this eventually!

1 comment:

Dan & Leona said...

We are not usually "first" for much of anything, but maybe we are the first to comment. We just want to remind you that you are in our daily prayers. Isaiah 40:29 "He gives strength to the weary and increases the poweer of the weak."

Love, Dan & Leona