Sunday, October 12, 2008

Yeah, McNaughton Eagles !!

Last Friday, October 9, my staff at McNaughton Avenue Public School
decided to hold a Breast Cancer Awareness Day and to do something
in support of me. They all wore pink and got to school in time for
a group photo at 8:45. Once the picture was developed, they put it
on a large pink bristol board and all signed it. When I arrived for
lunch, there was cake, pink balloons and LOTS of hugs. It was
extremely encouraging.They also went together with the staff at the
Regional Centre next door to raise $450 (at last count) for research.
This was also great news, since I have been able to be part of a
clinical trial and my oncologist is in charge of research at the
Windsor Regional Cancer Centre.

They are such a great group; leaving them in 2007 was a hard thing
to do, when I retired. It was a bonus to have a few months back with
them last spring.

Thank you, McNaughton, for all your encouragement; you have no idea
how much this means to me.

No comments: