Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Cycle # 4 continues...Nov. 11, 2008

Well, I was doing really well up to Sunday - went to Sunday School and Church services and out for lunch afterwards...felt good and had a good day. Monday, not so much. I aggravated a 'pre-existing condition', due to one of the anti-nausea meds I am on, and spent most of the day horizontal. Today is not a lot better and there is a list of things I had planned to do that will not happen today either. Just have to listen to my body and not push it beyond what it can handle...and try not to expire from boredom in the process ! Have even returned to watching T.V. in desparation some days - just need a time-filler that doesn't require too much effort. I've read all the books I have on hand, for those of you who know what a reader I am - you can only read them so many times. I have learned to order through Amazon but there are limits for that, too - there are stacks of books all around my bedroom as it is. (We have a good library in town, but you have to get there, and look around, and decide on books, etc. More effort than I can manage right now.)

So - just feeling sorry for myself today - you see that I am not always 'up' ! It will pass, as it has done before, and this is the last time that I have to deal with the effects of these first two drugs. We'll see what the next kind brings - I hear it's not as nauseating and that might help me with this other issue, too. Poor bodies! What we do to them !! And they still keep going, healing themselves as they go.

Thanks again for your prayers.

2 comments:

Evelien said...

Hi Helen,
I'm sorry to hear the last couple days have not gone as well as you would like. It's amazing though how well you are doing over all. God is gracious!
By the way, the church library has lots of good reading material. If you let me know the sort of books you like to read, I could make a list for you to go over, and then deliver them to you. Just email me your wishes!
Evelien

Gail said...

Hi Helen:
I am sorry you have had a couple of bad days Helen. Did you know that you can go on line and see what books are at the Chatham Public Library. Email or call me with a list and I would be more than happy to bring them home for you. You could even get books on CD or the latest is a little gadget that all you need is a AAA battery and ear phones and hang the book around your neck. The web site is www.chatham-kent.ca/library.
Hope you are feeling better soon.
Gail