Thursday, November 13, 2008

Cycle # 4 - Halfway - Nov. 13, 2008

Wednesday dawned a better day and today has been really good. Things settled down for me and I have been feeling much better than on Monday and Tuesday. I guess I just have to accept the fact that there are going to be a couple of bad/unpleasant days regardless of what steps I take to avoid them. But I'll try again next cycle and see what I can do to avoid as much as possible!

Today I was able to go shopping at several locations and go out for lunch with teaching friends I haven't seen for a while. I went out for lunch on Wednesday also but I was moving much more slowly; I get sore on the bottoms of my feet and the palms of my hands as a result of one of the chemo meds. I also had a great visit on Wednesday afternoon with dear friends whom I have known for over 40 years (how can that be ?), who live some distance away but who were passing through on their way to Windsor. So good to be able to have time with all these people who have been part of my life for a long time; it is a different kind of medicine. And guess what ? I'm going out for lunch tomorrow, too ! More time with good friends and good food ! And even better, my son is coming from Texas for the weekend and the two kids who live in Kitchener-Waterloo will come as well, so I will see three out of four of them, plus a lovely girlfriend from K-W, on the weekend. What wonderful medicine that will be !!

So, back on keel and doing OK. Thanks again for your prayers on my behalf. I am always conscious of their uplifting strength.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Hi Helen,
I just heard about your journey from Mary Lynn, and she was kind enough to forward this blog on to me. I am certainly praying for you and wishing you the very best. Take good care,
Kathy Hibbert